This year I am asking for two minute long tracks, for which the only unifying factor is that a microphone has been used in the creation of the work - whether this is a state of the art studio mic, or the microphone on your smartphone I'll leave entirely up to you. The results can be as raw or processed as you like. The tracks could be musical, spoken word, field recordings or anything else - I'm particularly interested in tracks that have a domestic nature - recorded in your home or local environment,and I welcome tracks from people who may never have considered doing something like this before (not just my "avant garde" mates!)
1. Tracks must be exactly 2 minutes long.
2. Multiple entries are acceptable but only if (a) a pseudonym is used for extra tracks, and (b) no more than three tracks in total are sent.
3. A microphone must have been used in the production of the track.
4. Deadline is 15th December 2014.
5. Entries can be in any format, BUT it would be better for me if it was WAV or AIFF.
6. Entries can be sent to me at my email address, my Facebook account, or by using the contact form on the "About/Contact" page of this site.
7. Entries should not have been previously released elsewhere.
8. In the extremely unlikely event that I deem the material unsuitable (eg offensive content), then my decision is final.
The album will be released on Christmas Eve as a Free Download with PDF booklet.
I look forward to your replies!
-Richard Sanderson, Linear Obsessional Recordings